Bee City ApplicationMake a difference by becoming a Bee City and making a pledge to protect pollinators and their habits.
Three Simple Steps to becoming a Bee City
A Bee City is a municipality or First Nations Community taking action to help pollinators.
1. Complete application – Download and complete the Bee City Canada application form. We recommend that it be completed by a municipal employee, your chosen Bee City Liaison.
2. Adopt resolution – Download the Bee City Canada Resolution form, present it to city/band council and have it signed by the Mayor, Chief or appropriate official.
3. Send for approved – Email your completed application and signed resolution forms to email@example.com for review. Bee City Canada will notify you as soon as your documents have been approved or promptly request any clarification, if necessary.
If you have any questions about this process, please call Shelly Candel at 647-402-0133.
1. Celebrate being a Bee City through public awareness activities and take part in International Pollination week. Promote your activities through community signage, events, and web & social activity.
2. Execute your resolution and make an impact in your community. Meeting the goals of the resolution is vital to Bee City Canada and your community making the change worth talking about.
3. Annually report your activities with Bee City Canada and work towards re-certifying your municipality or First Nations Community, as a Bee City, year-after-year.