Bee City ApplicationMake a difference by becoming a Bee City and making a pledge to protect pollinators and their habits.
Five Simple Steps to becoming a Bee City
A Bee City is a municipality or First Nations Community committed to pollinators.
The process includes the following:
1. Fill out an application – download the Bee City Canada application form. Find an official liaison within the council of your municipality or First Nations Community and complete the form.
2. Formulate your resolution – download the Bee City Canada resolution form. Work with your contacts – outlined in your Application Form – to develop goals specific to your municipality or First Nations Community that align with the Bee City Canada initiative.
3. Get it approved – share your application and draft resolutions with Bee City Canada. Send a copy to email@example.com.
4. Get it finalized – present the application form and resolutions form to municipality or band council for final approvement.
5. Get it recognized send a copy of your signed resolution form to firstname.lastname@example.org and receive your official recognition as a Bee City!
1. Celebrate being a Bee City through public awareness activities and take part in International Pollination week. Promote your activities through community signage, events, and web & social activity.
2. Execute your resolution and make an impact in your community. Meeting the goals of the resolution is vital to Bee City Canada and your community making the change worth talking about.
3. Annually report your activities with Bee City Canada and work towards re-certifying your municipality or First Nations Community, as a Bee City, year-after-year.